Eat, Pray, Love Summer 2012 Itinerary
Eat the gastronomic delights of the Tuscan region, Pray you find that perfect handbag, Love every minute of it…
DAY 1: Saturday, July 7th
Welcome to Tuscany
- Arrival at Florence Private transfer to Villa La Gigliola, Montespertolai
- Settle into your new home away from home and meet your host for the week, owner Anna Piazinni.
- Enjoy aperitvos, the flavors of La Gigiola’s wines and a welcome dinner especially prepared by Tuscany’s renowned Chef Renato.
DAY 2: Sunday, July 8th
The Crème De La Crème For The True Fashionista: A trip to Il Borro, The Ferragamo Estate
- The estate, which sits at the foot of the mountains in Valdarno now covers around 1755 acres is now managed by Salvatore Ferragamo.
- Start your morning with a luxurious spa treatment, followed by a four-course gourmet lunch, and journey to discover the secrets of the historic Wine Cellar of Il Borro.
A perfect way to end a day with the girls is a shopping trip to the quaint storefronts reminiscent of the traditional manual labors of the characteristic medieval village where artisans still make a living as their forefathers have done for hundreds of years. Some of the featured items for sale are shoes, jewelry, ceramics, and embroidery.
Next we will visit the city of Cortona, home of the beloved movie and novel, Under the Tuscan Sun.
After shopping and exploring this charming city, we will stop for dinner at one of the best restaurants in the Tuscan region, La Bucaccia. This will prove to be an evening of innovative cuisine and lively entertainment provided by the owner.
- *Cost of dinner is not included.
DAY 3: Monday, July 9th
Explore San Gimignano, the City of the Beautiful Towers
- San Gimignano rises up from Tuscany’s Elsa Valley like a medieval dreamscape. Once an Etruscan settlement, it became a town in the 10th century and in its heyday boasted 72 towers.
- We will spend the morning strolling among the 14 remaining towers, taking in the sights, shops, and most importantly visiting the world’s best gelato shop.
- Then it’s off to a family owned and run winery. Here, we will be treated to a typical Italian lunch, taste eight wines, two types of olive oil, and an aged balsamic vinegard.
- Our day ends back at Villa La Gigliola for a wine tasting in their vineyards, aperitivos, and a relaxing dinner while watching the sunset.
DAY 4: Tuesday, July 10th
A Perfect Day For The Food and Wine Enthusiast
- The first stop of the day will be to the quaint town of Pienza, otherwise known as the “Heart of Tuscany.”
- Sample the pecorino cheese of Pienza, which is referred to by many as the best in Italy, especially the version “sotto cenere,” or ‘”under ashes.”
- After a morning of exploring this charming town and its many hidden treasures it’s time to take a break to enjoy lunch while taking in one of the most breathtaking views of Tuscany.
- From Pienza we embark to the enchanting town of Montepulciano. This Etruscan city is filled with Renaissance buildings, and is known for the wine called Vino Nobile.
- Here we will have an opportunity to visit one of the oldest family owned wineries for a tour and taste of the infamous Vino Nobile, stop at a café best known for their hot chocolate (so thick you have to drink it with a spoon), and shop for the finest leather in Italy.
- Chef Renato will prepare another delectable dinner that evening after the long journey back to Villa La Gigliola.
*Cost of lunch not included.
Shop ‘Til you Drop in Florence
DAY 5: Wednesday, July 11th
- Explore the boutiques on Via Tournaboni, also known as the Rodeo Drive of Florence as well as the other hidden gems in the city. If you love great finds and tailor made items, our unique shopping itineraries are perfect for you. We have an insider’s list of the best spots for handbags, wallets, leather jackets, cashmere and silk scarves, murano glass and jewelry. While shopping, soak in the historic surroundings, majestic buildings and piazzas dating back to the 1200’s.
- No visit to Florence would be complete without a trip to the Gucci Museum. This museum pays homage to the brands history and craft. Spanning a three-storey space, the museum also houses a Gucci Caffè, a bookstore, giftshop and Icon Store that sells limited-editions products designed by Giannini.
- After a trip to the open air food market, Mercato Centrale, to shop for gourmet specialties such as balsamic vinegar, olive oil, truffles, wine, chocolates and more it’s time for lunch at a traditional Italian trattoria located directly behind the market.
The highlight of the evening is a one of a kind experience. You will have the opportunity to sit in the VIP area of the Teatro del Silenzio and watch Andrea Bochelli during this intimate rehearsal for his upcoming performance the following evening.
*Cost of dinner not included
**Tickets to the Bochelli rehearsal are only available for a limited time
DAY 6:Thursday, July 12th
Have Fun Under the Tuscan Sun!
- Free day: Shop the outlets in Montevarchi, take a museum tour in Florence, treat your self to the Hot Baths in Volterra, visit the cities of Greve and Panzano, home of Italy’s most famous butcher or just relax poolside while surrounded by the most spectacular scenery.
- Join Anna at Villa La Gigliola for one of her famous dinner parties. Enjoy a memorable authentic Tuscan evening including endless food, music, and live entertainment, singing and dancing. What happens in Tuscany stays in Tuscany…
*Cost of lunch not included.
DAY 7: Friday, July 13th
Put Your Cooking Talents to the Test…
- Last, but certainly not least it is off to Siena, home of the world famous Palio di Siena , the traditional
- medieval horse race which runs around the Piazza del Campo twice a year.
- In Siena you will meet Chef Luisa for your hands on cooking class to prepare your three course lunch for the day.
- After enjoying the fruits of your labor explore the city center and take in the beauty of its picturesque architecture. Stop in to some of the shops known for their exquisite embroidery and ceramics for some one of a kind gifts and souvenirs.
- Get ready to say goodbye to this magical country and new found friends during a special farewell dinner hosted at by Anna Piazzini at Villa La Gigliola
DAY 8: Saturday, July 14
- Depart from to United States form Florence
Price: $2700 per person based on single occupancy with the minimum of 7 people
*Double occupancy is available upon request
This includes transportation, hotel accommodations, excursions, meals included on the itinerary and breakfast daily at Villa La Gigliola
*Airfare is not included